Historic Photos of Montrose, Missouri
Contact us:
cityofmontrose@embarqmail.com
Home
History
City
Government
Coming Events
Local
Businesses
Civic
Organizations
Doud Hotel was located just east of the present day Knights of Columbus Hall. It was across from the railroad depot. Built by R.H. Dugan shortly after 1900.
Train wreck three miles northeast of Montrose on
July 12, 1913
Return to Top
Main Street looking
south from the railroad
track. The first building
on the left is the Farmer's
Merchant Bank. Present
location is Knights of
Columbus Hall.
West Main Street. The
first building on the left is
dated 1892 with initials
A.F.S.A.M., the next
building was built as a bank
which, per information on
this postcard, housed a
dentist office and millinery
shop. Welling Hardware
Store is located next. This
postcard was mailed from
Montrose on Dec. 28, 6pm,
1907.
Montrose Public School
built in 1897 at a cost of
$7,000. It had six rooms
and a basement. Located
in east 300 block between
2nd & 3rd Streets.
Farmer's Merchant Bank
(built in 1910) with a dentist
office upstairs. The bank is
located beside Wellling
Hardware Store. This
building is still standing.
Current photo of home
built by R.H. Dugan,
shortly after 1900. This
home was purchased by
the City of Montrose in
2000 for restoration and
use as a museum.
Restoration is in process
at the present time under
the guidance of the
Montrose Community
Historical Society.
Churches
Schools